In its 2035 vision, the government of Cameroon has defined the framework for sustainable growth for the coming years. The vision anticipates significant investments and the development of key sectors that drive the national economy including Agriculture, Energy, Industry, Infrastructure, Information technology, Tourism and Transportation. Below are key highlights on opportunities in each sector.
Agriculture is the backbone of the national economy. The sector employs ~60% of the labor force. In terms of exports, Cameroon’s agricultural output accounts for more than half of non-oil export earnings. Many factors contribute to the success of the agro sector including:
- Great agro-ecological diversity
- Dynamism of the rural population
- Strategic geographic position
- Diversified production and resource base
- Dynamic national agricultural research system
- Great availability of farming land.