ACBC is a Pennsylvania domestic not-for-profit corporation organized for charitable purposes within the meaning of section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended. All activities of the Corporation shall be undertaken without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, or marital status. Its primary purpose includes the following, to:
- Formulate and propagate policies and viewpoints of African and Caribbean entrepreneurs on key business issues that affect them;
- Ensure adequate protection of the business interests of ACBC members;
- Promote trade and investments on behalf of the ACBC members;
- Influence the environment in which African and Caribbean entrepreneurs can operate and compete effectively and efficiently;
- Nurture their businesses and play a leading role in the development their communities. This includes training and education.
- Act as a conduit for information on emerging markets in countries of Africa and the Caribbean as well as vital information on local and U.S markets;
- Bridge the cultural divide between member countries and the larger community through education and mutual tolerance;
- Engage the city, state and federal governments through partnership and advocacy to make available necessary infrastructures for the development and maintenance of viable African and Caribbean communities
- Offer financial assistance to African and Caribbean communities
- Establish a Credit Union to serve our low income African and Caribbean communities.
- Any other legitimate objectives the Council chooses to pursue